Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Asia in a nutshell

Actually the heading is a little bit misleading. I can't give you a "nutshell" experience what Asia is about, but I can give you my experiences in a nutshell, since I've just returned to Finland.

At the moment I don't miss any places in China, Malaysia or Hong Kong, but later I will. Right now I just miss few people, and especially one of them.. so much I can't explain it. However, I will give you a simple pro and con list of what was there in those countries for me. You'd be surprised how petit my list is, but honestly, the grass ain't that green anywhere.

Plus:
-Food
-Shops
-Weather
-Games

Minus:
-Apartments
-Jobs

My list contains much more plus than minus, but actually there is one big thing that puts a lot of weight to the minus list; social issues. I didn't mention it, since it might look one sided. I admit though; us Finns are not the easiest people to get along with. The question, however, is that are we Finns too close minded, or we just don't bother shallow people? I'm not saying Asians are shallow. I'm saying that material worship combined with immense discipline doesn't produce the biggest of hearts always.

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully Im one of the people you are missing...

    ReplyDelete